Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Renaissance Man


Easily the biggest compliment anyone could pay me would be to call me a Renaissance Man. I love the idea of being a "jack of all trades" and it really is something I've tried to embrace in my life. Whether or not chopping kindling in the backyard with a hatchet qualifies as being a "Renaissance Man" I'm not exactly sure, but I do know this. We live in a time when the average person can't really do anything for themselves.

Sure most of us can program a DVR or find out what Paris Hilton did last weekend by doing a Google search, but there aren't many of us that can fix a screen door anymore. Let me be clear, I love technology...I mean I'm writing a blog aren't I? It's just that, like most things, I believe in balance. Hence the Renaissance Man thing.

The definition of a Renaissance Man is somebody with limitless capacities to learn, and that's exactly what I strive for in my everyday life. Not only do I want to be able to link my blog to my facebook page, I want to be able to chop some wood and build a fire for my wife as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment