Monday, August 20, 2012
For 10 years, between the ages of 25 and 35, I had a job that did not allow me to grow facial hair... except for a mustache on two different occasions, but that's a story for another post. The 10 years prior to that, from puberty to my mid-twenties, I didn't have the "juice", or the huevos for that matter, to grow the patchy beard that was dying to run free on my face. I did sport a pretty rocking neck-beard after a backpacking trip in the late 90's though.
Still I had never been able to fully enjoy my birthright as a man and grow out my beard...until now. In what amounted to a month long experiment I learned a few things, and had a few things that I already suspected, confirmed.
What I learned...
1. I have a tri-colored beard. Mostly red with some black hairs and more grey then I had hoped for.
2. Some people loved the way my beard looked.
3. Lots of people didn't love the way my beard looked.
What was confirmed...
1. My wife definitely does not enjoy kissing me when I have a beard
2. Beards are itchy a lot of the time
3. Shaving your beard down piece by piece is AWESOME
I present to you (in order of appearance) "The Full Beard", "Chops", "The 90210", "The Goat", "The Major League Closer", "The I Drive a Van with Teardrop Windows", and finally "Baby-Face Weisbarth".