Sunday, July 11, 2010

Seado


At the risk of over generalizing I think most people can be shoe-horned into one of two categories..."Powerboat People" and "Sailboat People". That's not to say you can't have a little bit of both in you, but everybody leans one way or the other.

Me, I'm a sailboat kind of guy...it's just how I was raised. I like the pace of sailing, I like the skill involved in navigating a vessel through the water with just the power of mother nature, and I like the sound it makes (which is to say none at all).

But I understand why people are powerboat people. You can't water ski behind a Catalina 30, you can't go anywhere if there's no wind, and there aren't little sailboats the jump waves in the ocean...you need power for all of that. So while I am firmly entrenched as a "Sailboat kind of guy", I have to admit power boats and/or personal watercraft can be a hell of a lot of fun.

That's me, technically catching "mad air" in the open ocean this weekend. Is it overly impressive...no not really, even if it was my first time ever on a Seado. Was it overly fun...absolutely.

Don't worry sailing I still like you best, I was just experimenting...like college.

4 comments:

  1. Funny you say that bro... i have a running list of stand-up material that i keep. One admission the other day had to do with being the guy that brags about riding a seado or waverunner. (the almost zero skill venture)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally, it's like telling a motocross guy that you shred on a quad...it's just not that cool. Definitely fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm....where's the part about your man-crush Bryce???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what you are talking about. Why, did he say something about me?

    ReplyDelete