Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Hunger Games


Let's just get one thing straight...I have never, nor will I ever read or go see any of the "Twilight" books or movies. They are for teenie-boppers and women, neither of which I am.

That said I am all in on "Hunger Games". I am not a particularly fast reader and I devoured all 3 books in the series last summer...in a week. The Illiad it is not, no one is going to go cure cancer after reading these books, but from an entertainment standpoint they are terrific!

So this weekend while my wife and I were up visiting some friends in LA we made our way to the Arclight Theater in Hollywood and settled in for 2 and half hours of bliss.  It was great. Very entertaining, awesome visuals and more action then the PG13 rating would lead you to believe. If you haven't seen it yet, you should go. If you haven't read the books yet, stop what you are doing right now and start reading them.

The movie gets a thumbs up but the book(s) get a flying karate kick "fcuk yeah"!

No comments:

Post a Comment