Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Morning Show


My first job in TV was as an editor for a morning news show here in San Diego. It was brutal. First off, I didn't want to be an editor, I wanted to be on TV, and second off the hours were miserable! I have a lot of respect and zero envy for anyone who works that shift.

That said, I finally got to be on the other side of it today and not surprisingly, I liked being on the show better then working behind the scenes. My role today was as an extra during the Channel 6 live shot for my buddy Teevan's Stand Up Paddling company.

I didn't have to do much, I basically just stood there and then paddled around for a few minutes in the bay. Near as I can figure they needed some eye candy so they called in the big guns. I was more then happy to help...but I still think the hours are terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment