Thursday, August 12, 2010

Guilty


So my first experience as a juror is now officially complete, and boy did I learn a lot.

I learned a lot about the law...a lot about how the law is interpreted...a lot about how perception works and a lot about group dynamics. But the number one thing I learned was that after you serve as a juror they give you a "Certificate of Appreciation". For me that was easily the most awkward part. I don't know but it just seemed weird to me to have the bailiff handing certificates out right in front of everybody in the middle of the court room, including the guy that we had just found guilty of Spousal Battery.

Don't get me wrong I was happy to perform my civic duty and I am not going to have any trouble sleeping tonight after handing down our verdict, I'm just saying the certificate probably isn't going on the wall.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment