Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It Takes Two


I'm not afraid to say that I really enjoy watching "Dancing with the Stars". For me that show is all about being a performer. It's people out of there comfort zone being asked to be entertaining in front of a live studio audience and millions more at home watching on TV. It's about turning "it" on under extreme pressure and making it all look natural.

Truth be told I also happen to think the dances are cool. So when I was asked to take part in a charity fundraiser that was modeled after "Dancing with the Stars", I literally did a kick-ball-change and then jumped for joy.

Just like the ABC show, celebrities (that's' me) are paired with profession dancers (my partner's name is Shanna Timms) and we will perform live at the North Park Theater on Oct. 9. I get 10 one-hour lessons with my partner and then we strut our stuff on the dance floor. Because I had jury duty last week and couldn't rehearse, today we had a 2 hour lesson...technically numbers 2 & 3.

There is no doubt I have a long way to go before I master our Tango...but I've got the dip down. Now I just have to make it look natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment