Monday, April 9, 2012

The Next Generation


Now that I am going to be a Dad in about 5 months, I've been thinking about family and family traditions a lot. Obviously for the last 35 years we've been celebrating holiday's like Easter and Thanksgiving at my parents house, but one of these days we're going to make the transition to hosting these events at our house.

I understand that is not the most profound realization, but it has made me think. That's why when my sister volunteered to cook Easter Dinner this year (albeit at my folks house) I thought it was a great idea. In her words, it's time for the next generation to take over and so that our parents can make the transition to becoming grandparents.

Doing it at my parents place was a nice half step...too much change is scary after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment