Monday, March 26, 2012

Just One of Those Games


There was a time when I was flat out a good soccer player...not great but really good. I was even selected to the California State Olympic Development soccer team during my Junior year of high school.

Those days have passed me by, quite awhile ago actually, and that's fine. I'm older now, more then a step slower and not nearly in the kind of shape a good soccer player should be in.

No problem.

You see I don't mind not being good at soccer anymore...but I hate being bad at it. Tonight I was bad at it. I missed a wide open goal, connected on a beautiful pass to the other team that they turned into a goal and generally just played awful defense. Oh yeah, and it rained too.

Like I said, just one of those games.

1 comment:

  1. Heads up Johnny! We all played poorly, so we share your blues. I have a feeling that "Johnny Hat-trick" will make a return next week!

    ReplyDelete