Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Friend Jen



I've known my friend Jen for close to 20 years now, and like all good friends, even though we only see each other once or maybe twice a year, we always manage to pick up right where we left off the last time. I'm not sure how rare that is, but I do know that it's special.

She's in town this weekend from Sacramento for her Mom's birthday and I got a chance to meet up with her Friday night for a couple of drinks and a lot of catching up...which is no small task with her. Jen is one of the more unique people I have had the pleasure of knowing in my life and she's always up to something. Her latest adventure is as a maternity ward nurse in the state capital, which probably isn't as exciting as the medical volunteer work she did in Africa and Central Mexico, but it's no walk in the park either.

The point is we always have plenty to talk about when we get together and this weekend was no different. In fact, that is one of the best things about getting older, your friends end up doing some pretty cool things and you get to hear about them first hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment