Friday, March 23, 2012

Postgame


I'm not sure but I think this is what they mean when they say, "We lost the battle but we won the war." Sure, "Madrid United" lost to "Ballers" 2-1 last night in our coed soccer game, but I didn't see a single member of the Ballers at Monkey Paw afterwards, so technically we won the war...the war of fun.

Of course I understand that sounds a little bit like Soccer Mom talk. "It's okay that you didn't win on the scoreboard guys, the real winners or the ones that have the most fun!" Barf, I know.

There is something too that though, I mean it's not like we're playing for the World Cup. So if the object is to run around a little, smile a bit and catch up with some friends (new and old), then I guess we really did win.

Now all I have to do is grow out my hair, stop using deodorant and move to a commune and I'll never felt like I lost again.


No comments:

Post a Comment