Friday, March 9, 2012

Playoffs!


As you can see, the playoffs are a pretty big deal in my Thursday night coed Vavi soccer league. There's actually been some talk of moving to a bigger venue next season to handle the crowds, but I'll believe that when I see it. You know how political things can get.

So we finished 3rd in the regular season and with the top 4 teams qualifying for the playoffs, that meant we were matched up with the 2nd place team in the semifinal round. They beat us 4-0 the first time around so we were definitely the underdogs. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Disney is going to be making a film about our inspirational triumph...mainly because we lost. Worse yet, we were playing really well right up to the point when I gave the other team an easy goal.

So the bad news is we lost 2-0. The good news is the other team voted me their MVP...so I've got that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment