Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby Steps


Funny story.

A group of neighbors and I have an ongoing agreement to help each other out on different work projects around the house. It started last summer and it works great. There are about 5 or 6 of us in the group and the basic idea is that we all take turns working at one another's houses. So a few weeks ago I sent out an email requesting help for this weekend...Sunday to be exact.

My neighbor (and lifelong friend) Pat, writes back to the group informing everyone what an idiot I am because I scheduled a work party for Father's Day. Not being a Dad myself, I didn't have Father's Day marked on my calendar so I apologized to the group, and we have been attempting to reschedule ever since.

Here's the funny part. Today of course is NOT Father's Day...it's next Sunday. This is what my "work party" looked like instead.

Thanks Pat, with friends like that who needs enemies?

No comments:

Post a Comment