Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Other Guys

John Weisbarth, Bob Scanlan, Jenny Cavnar, Alanna Rizzo sitting in the press box at PETCO park

For those that don't know, I grew up in San Diego. I was in 3rd grade when my Dad took me to Game 5 of the 1984 NLCS between the Padres and the Cubs. I had just graduated college in 1998 when I went to Game 3 of the World Series between the Padres and Yankees.

I am a Padres fan.

I am also a sports journalist that covers the Padres for their local affiliate. As such, I happened to be at Coors Field in 2007 for game 163 between the Padres and the Rockies. Winner goes to the playoffs, loser goes home. The Padres blew a 2 run lead in the bottom of the 13th inning that night at the hands of the Colorado Rockies to end their season in heart-breaking fashion. Since then I haven't been a huge Rockies fan.

I am however a fan of the Rockies broadcast team...especially Alanna Rizzo. She and Jenny know each other from Colorado, so whenever the Rox are in town Alanna comes and sits with us in the press box. That's how I have gotten to know her a little bit and she's great...just don't ask her when she and her husband are going to have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment