Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting Closer


This summer is the summer I finally conquer the back yard. As you may or may not remember I actually enlisted some professional help to that end earlier this year to help me come up with a good design.

Mission accomplished...now I just have to figure out the construction details. See the plans I've got are landscape plans...which means all the design is done. I know where where every plant goes in relation to every paver and where every single one of my garden lights goes and how that fits in with the deck. I just don't know exactly how to build the deck ...yet.

That's why I have all the books out. If I'm going to build this thing to code (and I am) I need to know exactly what size my posts and beams need to be and how far they can span according to my design.

Funny, that also explains my glass of scotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment