Thursday, February 25, 2010

My New Backyard


My Wife and I have lived in our house for 2 and half years now, and while we have done a pretty nice job decorating the inside...the backyard is a disaster. The sad part is, that's one of the first things I wanted to get done...but shit happens.

We moved into our place in August of '07 and were engaged that Nov. So with a wedding in the mix, the backyard would have to wait. No problem...I'll get to it next summer.

Next summer the economy went in the tank and my wife was laid off...probably not the best time to tackle the project.

Well it's 2010 and our adjustable rate mortgage is one more year closer to adjusting, so I figured it was time to get on with it...and that's exactly what Megan and I are doing. We've hired a landscape architect to make sense of our myriad of ideas and give us a solid foundation for finally doing something with an extremely under-utilized piece of our property.

I'm happy to report that we met with Tracey (that's the landscape architect) today and she showed us a couple of different plans for the backyard. After some mixing and matching, we feel like we have a really kick-ass space just waiting to be developed.

Now the only question is...whose parents own a lumber yard and/or nursery?

4 comments:

  1. Charlie & Jack are going to be so excited that you're putting in a POOL with a HUGE waterslide just for them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. Dixie will love it. With that big pond, I'll just send her over there for a drink of H20. Oh, and this way I won't have to redo my backyard; the Binghams will just use yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, Johnny! Just make sure to leave room for the cornhole.

    ReplyDelete