Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Oh I Get It

backyard landscaping

You know how sometimes when people are talking about how bad there job is, but they don't want to sound like they are complaining to much, so they say something along the lines of, "Don't get me wrong it's not like I'm digging ditches..."

Well I get it now, digging a ditch sucks.

I thought digging post holes was bad, that's like Hawaiian vacation compared to the ditch. Especially with the soil I'm working with. I literally had to hatchet through roots, just to get to the rocks that were on top of the clay. That ditch I'm sitting in...that took me all day long. Admittedly, I'm a few years removed from my days as a handyman, but the point is I'm going to sleep well tonight.

I'd better, I have to build a wall in that ditch tomorrow.

1 comment: