Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The DMV Sucks


As an elementary school student in America in the 1980's, I had more then one Social Studies book describe to me how people in Communist Russia had to wait in bread lines for hours just to get some food. The lesson was always something about how government run food stores were terribly inefficient because they didn't have any competition or free market pressure to improve. They were the only game in town so if you wanted bread...you had to stand in line.

I have no idea how accurate that lesson may have been, but it was the first thing that jumped into my mind this morning when I rolled up on this line at the DMV. Believe me, that is only the part you could see from the street. Once you got inside the waiting really started.

I had an appointment and it still took me 45 minutes to renew my licensee...but it was better then the 2-plus hours I would have spent in that line. The thing is I made my appointment more then a month and a half ago. That's a long time to drive on an expired license.

I don't know whose fault it is but the DMV sucks! It's almost like they know they are the only game in town and no matter what, you're going to wait because you need to drive. On second thought I do know whose fault it is...I blame the USSR.

No comments:

Post a Comment