Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Enter Sandman


Just because the Padres season is over doesn't mean Channel 4 shuts down operations. In fact it's quite the opposite...especially this year. For the past 4 years our "off season" has been consumed by a nightly 30 minute SportsCenter style show aimed at the local San Diego sports scene.

This year we upped the ante with a second show and moved the times around a bit. Now instead of one show at 10, we have an early show at 6:30 and a late show at 11 pm. The long term benefit of the move is that now we don't have to compete against the "Dancing with the Stars" of the world or any of the other network prime time juggernauts.

The short term effect is that now by the time I get home my wife is usually already in bed trying to get some sleep so she can wake up and be at her job by 8:30 in the morning. That's the only bummer about the "off season", because of our different schedules the wifey and I don't get as much hang time as we would like during the week. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of people have it way worse then this and I'm certainly not trying to compete with anybody on this...I'm just saying given the choice, I would choose to be home earlier.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment