Thursday, October 28, 2010

Plumeria


Have you ever noticed how your sense of smell can take you back to a different time and place. It's crazy when that happens...and so fun if it takes you back to a happy time.

Well like a lot of people, my wife and I spent our honeymoon in Hawaii. Not surprisingly it was an amazing 10 days filled with all kinds of highlights. Surfing, hiking, sightseeing, amazing meals and relaxation. And the smell that takes me back to all of that is the fragrance of a blooming Plumeria. Lucky for me the one in this picture sits right outside my front door.

For that I have my friends Dan and Kara Mann to thank. Just before our 1 year wedding anniversary the Mann's (or maybe it's the Menn) gave us a potted Plumeria, complete with a genealogy of how the plant came to be in that pot. When Dan told me what kind of plant it was I got totally excited because I knew the blooms would remind me of Hawaii. He did caution that it would take about a year though for it to bloom and I'll be damned if he wasn't right on.

Here we are just a few weeks past our 2 yr anniversary and I get to relive our honeymoon every time I walk out the front door. Now that's a wedding present!

No comments:

Post a Comment