Monday, October 18, 2010

Geting Caught in the Rain


For whatever reason, when my wife and I go on vacation we like to ride bikes. It's never anything that we plan and we certainly don't ever "go cycling"...I've just noticed that the last few times we've gone out of town we've ended up going for a bike ride in whatever town we are in.

Today was the first time we have gotten caught in a down pour...in the desert of all places! According to my research Palm Springs averages a little more then 5 inches of precipitation a year...or less then a half an inch a month. So the fact that we happened to be riding our bikes when a rain storm hit is actually pretty amazing. In fact it's about as rare as celebrating a wedding anniversary the same weekend a biker convention is in town.

Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket?

No comments:

Post a Comment