Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Welcome to the Neighborhood


I realize that I blog about food a lot here. But guess what, I eat every single day...a couple of times, so there you have it.

Tonight I ate at the Neighborhood downtown. For those that live in San Diego but haven't been to the Neighborhood yet...go. If you clicked on the link above then you probably figured out that they specialize in hamburgers, but they also have a ton of really great micro brews. But that's not all, they also have a speakeasy in the back. The burgers and the beer I know about first hand, the speakeasy is more of a mystery. All that I know is that getting in takes some work.

First off, you have to know the right person to even have a chance...I haven't met that person. Secondly, even if you know that person you're timing has to be right because they only let a handful of people in at any giving time. Finally, to gain entry you have to take an oath swearing that you will not reveal the true purpose of the speakeasy. Okay I made that last part up...but the rest of it is true. I know because my wife Megan has been there before...apparently she runs in a slightly more impressive circle then I.

Maybe that's what everybody means when they say I've out kicked my coverage when it comes to her?

No comments:

Post a Comment