Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tryouts


So much for being able to fall back on an indoor soccer career. On Saturday the 10-time major indoor soccer league champion San Diego Sockers held an open tryout, and I went out for the team...kind of.

As you well know I am a soccer player, in fact I play indoor soccer once week. So when the General Manager of the Sockers asked me to come out and do a story on the tryouts, I thought the best way to do that was to tryout. What a stupid decision that was.

Apparently nobody told the coach that I was out there as a member of the media to give his team some publicity. Either that or they did tell and he didn't care because he worked my ass off...and then he cut me.

Guess I better find the number for that truck driving school in Florida now.

No comments:

Post a Comment