Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Theater


Going to the theater is a pretty cool thing to do.

First off, you get to tell people all day long that you're, "Going to the theater"...and if you're anything like me you say it in a super snobby accent. Think Thurston Howell from Gilligan's Island.

Second, you get to watch a live performance. It's something that we rarely do in this day and age, and to me that makes it special. I love the movies, I work in TV, I'm on the internet right now, so I am by no means saying that electronic media is bad. I'm just saying live performances are really cool too.

Going to a play, or a musical in our case, is like the difference between listening to your favorite bands CD, or going to see them live. The live show has a different feel...it has more energy. Same thing with the theater.

Don't believe me, go ask Thurston Howell.

No comments:

Post a Comment