Monday, February 20, 2012

Namaste



So I just discovered this new fade from the Far East, it's called yoga...pronounced with a soft "J". Apparently you just stretch...for an extended period of time. It's wild.

On a serious note, yoga is something I have been intrigued by for years and tonight I finally took my first class. It was something called "Intro to Heated Power Yoga" and it was tough.

First of all it was set in a heated room, which does not bode well for whoever got to use the rented yoga mat after me. I'm the kind of guy that can work up a lather in a walk-in fridge, put me in a heated room doing the warrior pose and look out.

Second of all, though I consider myself athletic and pretty limber (hello ladies), these yoga posses are not the kind of body movements I was used to. More then once I could feel my muscles start to shake.

Finally, I did not wear the right kind of shirt. My theory was I should wear something loose fitting and non-restrictive. Makes pretty good sense, right? Not necessarily. Every time I did a "downward dog" I was breathing right into my shirt. My hot, sweaty, humid shirt. It was like trying to breathe through a wet towel (again, hello ladies).

Bottom line I loved it and can't wait to go again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment