Friday, February 17, 2012

Testing, Testing 1...2...


For some reason my nickname in college was Loudbarth. According to my roommates I had the tendency to project my voice a tad when I would talk. I'm not sure that's true but it seems to have stuck.

The thing about projecting is that it is very useful if you're a senator in ancient Rome or perhaps a stage actor, not so much if you're trying to get into the world of Voice Over acting. I was in LA on Thursday at a voice over studio doing some audition reads for different commercials and I'm pretty sure the lady recording me is going to need a hearing aid after our session. I guess I came on a little strong, but I have to give her some credit...she reigned me in. By the end of it I was a completely different voice...that is to say I was much more soothing. Or least I wasn't as loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment