Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pearl Jam Twenty



During my freshmen year of high school the "Grunge" movement hit Southern California full force and the 3 bands leading that charge were Soundgarden, Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Of those three, Pearl Jam grew to be my favorite, so when I heard that Cameron Crowe had written and directed a documentary about the band, I was like an 8 year old school girl who just got a pony for Christmas. That is to say I was excited!

Now thanks to Netflix I've had a chance to see it and I'm even more excited. The thing is I'm not a crazy music person that is super dialed into the scene, I'm just a guy that listens to the radio and buys a song or two on itunes every now and again. But Pearl Jam is the one band, and Eddie Vedder the one guy that I can't get enough of. Good, bad or indifferent.

If you were in high school in the early 90's and you have Netflix, do yourself a favor and find 2 hours in your weekend to sit down and watch this documentary. If you're anything like me you'll be yelling, "That's fcuking awesome" at the TV in no time.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely going to check that out. Also check out Foo Fighters' "Back and Forth". Amazing.

    ReplyDelete