Monday, February 27, 2012

The Spartan Invitational



For a few years now buddy Teevan and all his uncles have been organizing a golf weekend as an excuse to hang out, catch up and play a lot of golf. While they have traveled to a bunch of different cities over the years to execute this weekend, for the past two years it's been here in San Diego.

So for the last two years I have had the pleasure of taking part in the Spartan Invitational...albeit a small part. While these guys play 18 holes on Friday and 36 holes on both Saturday and Sunday, I've only managed a total 33 holes over the last 2 years. Not an average of 33 holes...just 33 holes.

With that paltry total I am not eligible for the Spartan Invitational Trophy but I do qualify for all the fun. This year that meant getting to golf with a pair of old friends that were just as bad at golf as I am, which made for plenty of laughs and a very enjoyable few hours...despite playing the worst round I have played in 4 or 5 years.

Of course that's all the Spartan Invitational is really about...that and the hardware I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment