Wednesday, February 24, 2010

$187.32


Is that a good price for new tires? You betcha!

Is that a good price for a new tire (as in singular)...not even close. Believe it or not my first quote was for $240...from Discount Tires. Discount my ass. I mean, it's not like I drive a Lexus or something...it's a Mazda 3. The chick car of the new millennium.

So why the hell are my stock tires so "F"ing expensive? The explanation, because they are low profile tires. Low profile? Not with a price tag like that.

But what are you going to do? It's not like I can rock the Schwinn tire for the rest of the year. I don't want to sound cheap, it's just that seems a bit excessive for one tire. It's not like I'm on the Tokyo Drift racing team or something.

So what's the lesson...you tell me. I guess it's, "Don't run over a nail." That and nobody likes a cheap-skate.

No comments:

Post a Comment