Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Pop!


Today was my Dad's birthday so I took him out to lunch at a classy little establishment called "Lil' Piggy's". Hey nothing but the best on your 71st birthday, right?

Actually, in the interest of full disclosure, I took him out to lunch but I didn't pay for it. Not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't have to. How's that you ask? A little something called the Weisbarth Cruse.

I first learned about the Weisbarth Curse when my Dad sat me down before my freshmen year of high school. I thought I was getting the birds and the bees talk but instead my Dad explained to me that now that I was a man, girls were going to start to find me irresistible. You could maybe argue that the Weisbarth Curse skips a generation...maybe, but there is no denying it's existence.

The proof came this afternoon when the very cute, 30-something manager of Lil' Piggy's came up to my Dad, gave him a big hug and informed us that lunch was on her.

I mean come on, look at us. We didn't get that lunch based on anything we did...it had to be the Curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment