Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chores

Cleaning leaves i n my backyard
When I was younger and I had a day off, I made the most of it. I was at the beach, or playing with friends or doing something in the park...anything but chores. Now when I have a day off (like today) I end up doing chores.

Don't get me wrong, I slept in, had a late lunch, read a book at my sisters coffee cart...but I also did chores. Here's the scary part, I actually kind of liked it. I mean it wasn't like anybody was telling me to do the chores, I just decided it was time I finally rake all those leaves up from last fall. Then, since I was already dirty, I got the mower out.

It felt good to get that stuff done. See I'm what doctors refer to as a "procrastinator". I don't know why, I just am...always have been. It's a terrible feeling having something hang over your head like that (like a term paper or something) but man does it feel good to get it done.

Kind of like Spring Break, but instead of wet T-shirt contests and buckets of beer at The Office...I have a clean backyard.

2 comments:

  1. Accomplishing chores is the best instant gratification!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! Too bad I always put them off and let them hang over my head for months. What can I say, I'm a glutton for punishment.

    ReplyDelete