Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Grass is Always Greener


I went surfing this morning for the first time since before Christmas, which means this was my first session of 2010. Since that was the case I all of a sudden put all this undo pressure on myself to "find the best waves ever". That's retarded.

First of all, I was in Coronado. No chance I'm going to "find the best waves ever" there.

Second of all, what the hell would I do with the best wave ever? Probably surf it very mediocre...like all the other waves I surf.

Regardless, that was my quest this morning, and let me tell you that is a very dangerous quest. Not dangerous like a class 5 hurricane...think more along the lines of dangerous like AC Slater. Harmless dangerous is what I'm talking about.

In fact the only danger I faced was the danger of never actually getting in the water. See the problem is I kept thinking it would be better at a different break. I checked Outlet, "G" Street, Center, Pit, Shipwrecks, back to "G" Street before finally settling on North proper.

That got me thinking, does everybody think the grass is greener? I mean I'm sure every American does, but what about the rest of the world? Then again, I get pretty tired when I surf and sometimes I have really random thoughts. Maybe this is one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment