Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Bicycle Built for Four


I don't travel very much for my job...only a couple of weeks out of the year at most. As a result, I'm not all that used to being on the road and the havoc it can play on your system. I don't know why but whenever I come to spring training my fried food intake (and alcohol for that matter) increase by a generous amount.

That's one of the reasons I was really looking forward to having dinner at my friends Bryce and Melissa's house tonight. I needed a home cooked meal, some good conversation and a night off from the sauce. 2 out of 3 isn't bad I guess.

Aside from being one of the best looking couples I know, Bryce and Melissa are also one of the funniest. Turns out they are pretty pushy too. The menu tonight consisted of Mexican food, an episode of Lost and some heavy handed rum and Coke's...the latter of which I was hoping to avoid. Like I said though, the Kartler's can be pretty persuasive.

Well it turns out, if you have enough rum and Coke's, quadrupling up on a dirt bike seems like a hilarious proposition...not to mention a great photo op. Whether or not I'll feel the same way in the morning is up for debate, but what the hell, we're not curing cancer here. Just trying to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment