Sunday, March 28, 2010

Grade A...Absolutely


So the wife and I headed to LA this weekend for our friend Ingrid's birthday celebration. Awesome time with some great food and great friends...but what made it even better was that my buddy Guido happened to be in LA for the weekend too. He was the best man in my wedding and lives in San Francisco so I don't get to see him all that much. Needless to say I was excited to meet him for lunch in Santa Monica.

Here's the SUPER awesome part, he was there with his new girlfriend Annie who I hadn't meet yet.

(*Authors note: I'm not sure if they have actually defined their relationship as "boyfriend - girlfriend" yet, but they were in town for Annie's brother's engagement party...which means there was family there...which means whether or not they've defined it, they are boyfriend and girlfriend. There you go Guido, I saved you an awkward conversation...or just made it 5X more uncomfortable)

Anyway, the point is, she's absolutely Grade A material. Totally cool, very easy to talk to and super cute...basically a great hang. The thing is, when you like a guy as much as I like Guido, you want to like the girl he's dating a whole bunch too. Maybe more importantly, you want your wife to like her that much as well.

Mission accomplished...and not in the way George Bush said it about the war in Iraq. More like the way George Washington said it about the American Revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment