Thursday, March 11, 2010

If It's Free, I'll Take 3



So I went to the opening round of the PASL-Pro North American Championships tonight at the Del Mar Arena. Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about? Didn't think so. It's indoor soccer...as in the 10 time world champion San Diego Sockers.

Well the Sockers are up to their old tricks, earning the number one seed and a first round bye in the tournament that will eventually crown a North American Champion. The tournament kicked off today in Del Mar and I went out to cover it for Channel 4, but I forgot to take a picture, which is stupid.

I'm 70 days into this blog, you'd think I could remember to take a picture when I'm actually doing something of interest, right? Well, wrong. Hey nobody ever accused me of being a Rhodes Scholar. But it wasn't a total loss, I didn't forget everything...I remembered to grab the free swag.

Now I realize everybody loves free stuff (especially T-shirts and floppy hats) but sports reporters and newspaper types seem to take it to another level. It's like a drug. I've got more free T-shirts then I know what to do with, but I can't say no when someone offers another one up.

By the time I left the Del Mar Arena this is what I looked like. Free shirt, free scarf (love it by the way) and bag of kettle corn. Sure some people use their celebrity status to jump the line at a trendy restaurant or a hot nightclub. Me, I use it for T-shirts and scarfs.

For the record, the kettle corn cost me $7. I just got one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment