Friday, March 26, 2010

Bound For the Big Time



You know you've made it when you're emceeing a raffle in the parking lot of a Cox Customer Service store...right?

God I hope so, because that's exactly what I was doing this afternoon for 2 hours in the middle of the day. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice enough event. We had pizza, popcorn, swag...and of course it was all free. Star 94.1 FM was even out there with there morning show host A.J. It's just that things like that are always so awkward. More often then not the people that show up are only there for the free food, but they always seem to feel the need to justify why you should give them free stuff. If they only knew we don't mind giving them a free water bottle or tot-bag...in fact we want to give it to them.

Instead you end up getting forced to small talk about things like cable boxes and UFC fight packages. Look, I know we don't know each other, that's fine. Just take the free stuff and stop pretending to be interested in the bandwidth capacity difference between satellite and cable...because I don't care about it either.

Now go enjoy a fake tattoo.

1 comment:

  1. I am always getting free stuff. I am constantly
    winning concert tickets and backstage passes on the radio. The DJ's all know me because I win so much. It's funny.

    ReplyDelete