Thursday, November 25, 2010

Flan Appreciation


I've written about Tim Flannery before so you know how I feel about him. If you don't remember or if you're too lazy to click on the hyper link above, let's just say I am a big fan of Flan and working with him for 3 years at Channel 4 is one of the highlights of my career.

One of the things I enjoyed most about our time as colleagues was all the stories I got to hear. Baseball has such a rich oral tradition and the only way to really get some insight on the game of baseball is to listen to the people who played and coached it tell stories. Of course the best stories are the ones that come out over a couple of beers and some bar nuts.

That's exactly how I got to hear about the 2010 World Series on Tuesday afternoon. After taping some interviews for Postgame, Flan, Big John and myself went to the Field for a pint and some stories. It was much fun as you think it was...even better actually.

I love that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment