Monday, September 20, 2010

Chargers Home Opener


Today marked the official beginning of my 10th year covering the Chargers for Channel 4. It also marked the first time in a decade that I got to sit in the front row of the press box at Qualcomm Stadium. Looks like Channel 4 is moving up in the world.

Then again we did get down graded from 2 seats to 1 and I had to park in the auxiliary media lot instead of the fancy main lot...but it was worth it. The Chargers survived a sloppy first half and ended up routing the Jacksonville Jaguars 38-13, and I got to see it all. That last part is of special note considering that the game was blacked out in San Diego for the first time in nearly 6 years. Unfortunately we might see that happen a few more times this season because the simple fact is that it's expensive to go to an NFL game, and people are cutting back on certain luxury items.

Items like $80 football tickets...and I can't say that I blame them. At least you'll get to watch the road games on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment