Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Playoff Push?


I've said it before but I will say it again, I go to baseball games for free. Actually that's not even true...I get paid to go to baseball games.

It is my job.

So I certainly can't criticize people for not spending their hard earned money to go to a baseball game. Tickets, parking, a hotdog, a drink...even if it's just you that stuff adds up, and if you're paying for a couple of people it can get expensive real quick.

All that said I am still surprised that the Padres only drew 22,739 last night. They began the evening a half game behind the Giants in the division and a half up on the Braves in the wild card race...and they were playing the Cubs who always draw well.

Must be the great TV coverage that's keeping everybody at home.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, John. Despite the great coverage on Postgame, I was at the game.

    Those that were there got loud in the end. But, I left the game with only one thought, "Baxter?? Really?!"

    What's stupid to me is that people will pay more for ways to watch games at home than to go. It's $15 bucks.. even less if ya want.. and there isn't a bad seat in the house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully there will be a bigger crowd tonight!!! GO PADRES!!!!! I wish I got paid to go to baseball games.

    ReplyDelete