Monday, September 6, 2010

C.I.T.P.


One of the great "small town" traditions in Coronado in the summer concert in the park series. I have no idea when it all first started but I do know it goes back to at least the late 70's because that's when I started going as a kid.

Back then, there was no gazebo in the middle for the band to set up on and half of the park was a water-fight war zone with water weenies and water balloons flying everywhere. Somewhere between then and now the wine-totting parents won out (thank goodness) and the water fights disappeared, but there is still plenty for the kids to do. For that matter, there is still plenty for the adults to do as well...though most of it centers around wine and conversation.

Regardless of the activities however, C.I.T.P. has always been about the same thing...community.

No comments:

Post a Comment