Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Love Your Show

Admittedly I'm not a morning person. It's not like I'm a grouch when I wake up, it's just that I'm more of a night owl and I like to sleep in a bit. That means I usually miss the first couple of hours of The DSC on Jack FM...but I get last two.

Now if you don't live in San Diego or haven't heard the DSC before, you're probably thinking to yourself, "What's the big deal? It's just a morning talk radio show." I get that, I mean it's not like we're teenage girls and we missed the first two hours of a Justin Beiber concert.

No, it's way more important then that. Without getting all touchy-feely and mushy about it, the DSC quite simply puts on the best radio show I've ever listened to...and I'm not the only one that thinks that. They are the top rated show in the morning and they just pulled the entire station to number one in the market...and they do it by following one simple rule.

They are honest and real.

I told you it was a simple rule...it's just not that simple to pull off. They let you in...all the way in...and you feel like you really know them. Which, in a way, you do...and it's great! The hard part is remembering that just because you know the intimate details of their life doesn't mean they know you like that.

Luckily they get that a lot, so busting up four different conversation to try and get a picture with the group is really a lot less awkward then you might think.

Being married to hot blond doesn't hurt the situation either.

2 comments: