Tuesday, September 21, 2010

T-minus 17 Days and Counting


We are a little over two and half weeks away from my ballroom dancing debut and things are starting to heat up...and yes I mean that both literally and figuratively. As you can no doubt see from the picture above I am literally sweating through my shirt. What you can't see is that our routine is starting to sizzle as well. Okay maybe not sizzle just yet...but we are definitely simmering.

Today we had my co-worker Jay Conner out to rehearsal to shoot a preview story about the event...which for those of you who are interested is on Oct. 9th. I bet you can guess how many days away that is.

Jay wasn't the only guest today however, we also had Louis McKay (who owns the dance studio where we rehears) on hand. He was there to help make me look like a man on the dance floor, which as you can imagine was something I was quite interested in. Believe it or not there is fine line between theatrical and flamboyant on the hardwood. To put it another way, it's all about staying on the right side of the manly/not manly continuum.

Hopefully after today my dancing shoes are planted firmly on the Bear Grylls side of that line.

No comments:

Post a Comment