Sunday, January 8, 2012

Finally


Growing up the tradition at our house was that the Christmas stuff goes up on the weekend after Thanksgiving, and it comes down on New Years Day. It's a good tradition as far as I'm concerned, in fact it's one I believe in strongly. You have plenty of time with the tree but it's not up obnoxiously early and you get to start the New Year off with a clean slated and an uncluttered house.

Of course that was when my Dad took care of all that stuff. Now that it's up to me and Megan, we've gotten a little lazy. This year the tree went up on Dec 7th and didn't come down until today, Jan 8th.

Oops.

There's nothing worse then being the last house on the block with all the Christmas lights up. Maybe now I'll finally be able to look my neighbors in the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment