Monday, January 16, 2012

Lions on the Prowl



I know what you're thinking...is that the cast of "Ocean's Eleven" or was there a male modeling convention in town this weekend? Don't worry we get that all the time, but the truth of the matter is this was just a long over due boys night out.

I've talked about this before but I really believe the secret to a great romantic relationship is being able to spend time with your friends every once in awhile...without your significant other. On the surface I can see how that sounds counter intuitive, maybe even mean, but it's not. Recognizing the value of maintaining your same sex friendships has nothing to do with choosing "the guys" over your wife or vice versa, and everything to do with being the best possible person you can be. Deep, long lasting friendships like the ones I share with the guys in this picture only help me to be a more well rounded and all around better man. That includes being a better husband.

Lucky for me I have partner in my wife Megan who understands that. Actually it's more then that, she encourages it...and I encourage the same with her.  The end result, in my opinion, is a strong, healthy relationship that will stand the test of time.

Kind of like my friendships with my male modeling buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment