Friday, January 6, 2012

The Heavy Guilt



Having worked nights for the past 5 years, I've spent the last 5 evenings enjoying things like happy hour, primetime TV, and dinner with friends. As it turns out people do a lot of fun things between 5pm and whenever they go to bed...including the Farley's.

Tonight, the Weisbarth's and Farley's got together to break bread at Leroy's in Coronado. Great food with great friends is always a nice combination, but the cherry on top tonight was "The Heavy Guilt"...which is now officially my new favorite local band. Admittedly we only stayed for about 3 songs, but I liked the 3 that we heard. So did Katherine, so much so in fact that she is now on the bands mailing list and will probably get first crack at tickets for their stadium tour is they ever hit it big.

I guess that is what I have been missing all these nights...a chance to gush over some obscure band with old friends. I could get used to that.

2 comments:

  1. nice
    I'm in that obscure band and our drummer just emailed this link to me. Glad we gave your night a good soundtrack. 2 of us are heading back to Leroy's tonight for dinner and some music. Hope to see you again out n about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfred, I'm almost embarrassed to call you guys "an obscure band" because I have definitely been checking up on you guys online. I've really been enjoying "Heavier Than Mist" lately. I realize it's basically just the front man and his guitar but I'm really digging it right now. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete