Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's 5 o'clock Somewhere



When you don't have to get up and go to work everyday it's easy to become a regular on the happy hour circuit. Couple that with the fact that my previous job kept me unavailable for happy hour the past 5 years and you've got the makings of an All-Pro Happy Hour QB.

That's what I was afraid of.

So in order to keep from sliding down what could be a slippery slope, one of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to not drink any alcohol at all during the week. On the weekends...that's another story. Which raises an interesting question, when exactly does the weekend start?

I contest that most people would say the weekend starts when you get off of work on Friday and lasts until you go to bed on Sunday. If you had to put a number on it I would say 5pm Friday until 11pm Sunday night. That sounds fair, right?

All that said, when my former co-worker Jenny Cavnar and I got together for a late lunch this Friday we may have ventured into The Alibi on University for quick after lunch libation. The problem is it was only 3pm, so in the interest of sticking to my resolution, we just imagined ourselves in a neighborhood bar somewhere in Chicago.

Problem solved. Thanks time Central Standard time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment