Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Happiest Place on Earth



I'm no scientist, but by my estimation we are in the midst of one of the most mild winters Southern California has seen in years. The sun seems to always be out, the temperature has barely dipped below  68 degrees since football season started and it has only rained once in 2012. Lucky for me that one day of rain came on Saturday...or as I like to call it, "the day I took Megan to Disneyland to meet our dear friends the Gossards who we haven't seen in months".

Really?!?!?

I haven't been to Disneyland in more then 20 years, this was my big surprise Christmas present to my wife this year...and this is the day it rains?! As they say, timing is everything. Of course despite being completely flabbergasted on the car ride up, we still knew we were going to have fun and that no matter what we would make the best of a bad situation.

But here's the thing, when we got there it stopped raining. The clouds parted, the sun came out and all of a sudden we had Disneyland all to ourselves...mostly. It was awesome! Small lines, manageable crowds, and plenty of Churros.

I don't know how Mickey pulled it off but he managed to save Christmas in January. I guess it really is the Magical Kingdom.

2 comments:

  1. I sure do like the four people in this photo. Glad you had a great day with Mickey and Co.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie, next time we'll sneak you in under my mustache hat.

    ReplyDelete