Sunday, August 8, 2010

Good News, Bad News


The good news is I got some work done in the backyard today.

The bad news is, it wasn't my backyard.

Last summer my neighbor Pat came up with this idea to get a handful of neighborhood guys to form a work crew. The idea was simple, get 5 guys together and have everyone commit to work on everyone else's house. Each month or so we would all get together and tackle a big project at one of the other guy's places. Whoever was hosting would make sure all the supplies were there and would keep the fridge well stocked with beer and burgers. It's a very old school neighborly thing to do.

So today we did some interior panting and installed some sprinklers for the backyard. Never mind the fact that there were just 3 of us at the work party today (and I didn't show up until afternoon), I still think it's a good idea. And I'm not just saying that because I have a huge backyard project on my hands either.

No comments:

Post a Comment