Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nice Little Saturday


With the wife headed to Sin City on a quick one night girls trip, that left me with a Saturday to fill...and between you and me, I think I did a pretty good job.

I was up early for tennis at 7:20 (which is about an hour and half before I normally wake up on a workday, let alone the weekend), then golf at noon, work at 5 and finally I met up with a couple of buddies for a drink in Little Italy. It wasn't Home Depot and maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond if there's time, but still I thought it was a nice little Saturday.

The highlight however was golf with my buddies Matt and Kevin. Not so much because of the golf, and certainly not because of the green fee, but more because of the company. The three of us had an absolute blast! It had been a long time since we all hung out and days like today make me wonder why we don't do it more often.

The answer of course is because sometimes life just gets in the way. It's not a bad thing, it's just the way it goes. Everybody is busy. The challenge is not letting it go too long in between hangs, because the tendency is not to bother with it if it has been a couple of months. Next thing you know it's 6 months, and then a year, then who knows.

I guess what I'm saying is, why don't you call that buddy you haven't seen for a few months and make plans to grab some lunch...or better yet play some golf. Just be sure to bring a bunch of money for the green fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment