Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nice Organ


As you know, Sunday is sports day and today was no different. Two softball games in the morning (we split) and a soccer game tonight (we won). In between the two Megan and I grabbed some lunch at this amazing little deli in Hillcrest and then cruised to Balboa Park to walk it off.

When I was kid my mom took me to Balboa Park all the time, so when I go back there now I can't help but think about those days with a smile on my face. It's also makes it really fun for me to go there with Megan because I feel like I get to share a part of my childhood with her. I know that sounds very "Keanu Reeves in 'The Lake House'" but it's true. There is something cool about getting share those memories with your wife.

Anyway, the other thing I love about Balboa Park is that there are some many great photos waiting to be taken. Seemingly everywhere you look there is ample opportunity to snap a great picture. I'm not saying that this one is a "great" picture...but it is interesting. I didn't have my camera with me so I took this with Megan's iPhone using the Hipstamatic app and I really like how it turned out.

For those that are curious that's the Spreckels Organ Pavilion at the Park that first opened in 1914 for the Panama-California Exposition.

1 comment: